Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good Ole' Fashioned Family Christmas



This is my wonderful family. We look nice, don't we! Maybe it's because this Christmas, we all somehow avoided the hospitals and any type of horrible sickness floating around. This Christmas was perhaps the best ever.

My family flew in for 10 WHOLE days. I think it's the longest we've ever spent together...ever. And we all still love each other, even after the fact! And as a matter of fact...I miss them dearly.

Life just doesn't get much sweeter. We had great food all week- hats off to my mother' s homemade cooking, we played lot's of Taboo...I'm still the best at it...we played countless rounds of Canasta - the funnest game ever. It was what Chevy Chase might call...a good ole' fashioned Christmas! It wasn't really about the gifts...though I am LOVING my new Canon xsi. It wasn't about the tree...although we had a great tree. It was about the gift of presence this year...and that was the best present ever.

Thanks be to God for family. We are truly blessed.

Til' next time...

How was your Christmas?

Lori

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sister! My Christmas was fabulous because I got to see my family too. Truly the greatest gift we could give each other this year was that of "presence" and being there for one another. I think we'd all be better off if we took that lesson during the holiday instead of rushing around! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously. it was a bit of heaven on earth. something i have to look back and remind myself when I'm down. i will just have to count down the days until march 20th. it was also a reminder to me of why im glad i live only 45 minutes from my parents.

    ReplyDelete